Naveen is the founder of InMobi. His philosophy of constant innovation and disruption is embedded deep into the DNA of InMobians and is resonated across InMobi. His dream is to re-imagine advertising in a truly ‘user-first’ way and unlock the true potential of the mobile ecosystem.
He has a Bachelor’s degree from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IIT) and a Master’s degree in Business Administration from Harvard Business School, where he was also bestowed with the Dean’s Award, for his exceptional leadership and contribution. In 2013, his alma mater, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur also honored him with the esteemed ‘Distinguished Alumnus Award’ for his excellence in entrepreneurship.
Naveen is involved in the fueling of around 30 start-ups as yet in India and has personally invested and supported several start-ups like NestAway, SlideRule, Mettl, Moneysights, Bombay Canteen, Zimmber, Razorpay etc. A believer that start-ups will be the pillars of growing India, he co-founded iSPIRT, which is a change agent with the brain of a think tank and aims to address government policy, create market catalysts, and grow the maturity of product entrepreneurs in order to transform India into a hub for new generation software products.
He also founded and chairs a U.S.-based nonprofit called India School Fund which funds and sets up schools in rural India, a cause he cares deeply for.
Naveen is a board member at Paytm and has been recognized for his entrepreneurial skills at various platforms. He received several awards and recognitions over the last several years:
- ‘Future Leaders Award’ presented by Narendra Modi, Indian Prime Minister, 2015
- Fortune’s ‘40 under 40’ most powerful, influential and important people in business, 2015
- The ‘Pathbreaker of the Year’ Award, 2014
- Forbes India Leadership Award for ‘Outstanding Start Up', 2014
- ‘100 Most Creative People’, 2014 across the world
- The ‘Pathbreaker of the Year’ Award, 2013 presented by Narendra Modi, Indian Prime Minister
- ‘7th Most Important Person’ by Business Insider’s the Mobile Power List, 2013
- ‘Mobile Top 50’ in The Drum, 2013
- ‘2nd Most Important Person’ by Business Insider’s the Mobile Power List, 2012
An avid fan of cricket, Naveen is a fitness enthusiast and his early morning routine alternates between a long run outdoors and a cycling trip around the less crowded parts of the city.